Instagram

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

And the GIANTS win it all!!!!!

SAN FRANCISCO - OCTOBER 07:  Tim Lincecum #55 of the San Francisco Giants pitches against the Atlanta Braves during the eighth inning of game one of the National League Division Series at AT&T Park on October 7, 2010 in San Francisco, California.  The Gia
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images





















Congratulations to the SF Giants who just won the World Series 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!

so frickin exciting and a long time coming for Bay Area Fans.


Watching the world series and the giants magical playoff run brought back a lot of fond memories of a time when baseball was my all-time favorite sport... before i watched Steve Young dominate the entire NFL, before i saw Kobe take the league by storm.... it was baseball, and my love for the giants and the A's (which made 1989 a very troubling time for me)



A look at my favorite baseball players.... past and present:

The Freak - as my love for pitchers grows from a childhood to now, it's only fitting that this guy has really caught my attention



Dennis Eckersley - of all the A's games i've been to as a kid, i would also beg Eck to come over and sign my baseball. we were always behind the pitcher's dugouts and i begged and pleaded for him to come... never did.... still love him as a player tho


Rickey Henderson - still and I believe always will hold the record for most stolen bases ever. I have a baeball card with him holding the record breaking base that he stole (i hope he got to keep that)

Will "The Thrill" Clark - quite possibly the one person i hoped so hard to get inside a pack of baseball cards.... will clark was just an awesome baseball player back in the day

Ken Griffey Jr. - "The Kid" was one of my most favorite players of all time back as a kid. the most memorable moment was probably the last time i went to an A's game as a kid.... A's were beating the mariners and then at the top of the 9th.... bases loaded.... Jr. crushes a ball out of the park and with that Grand Slam, the mariners went on to win the game.... haha.... i don't think i can ever erase that image out of my mind

No comments: